Job ID: 14786
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Technologist Lead - Core Testing for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $33.72, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day to day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Serves as a subject matter expert. Responsible for performing complex laboratory procedures and tests in areas such as blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology, using established protocols and procedures. Monitors, screens, and troubleshoots devices, tests, and procedures, recognizing anomalies, and making corrections to ensure quality. Serves as a model for professionalism by focusing on patient care; respectful communication to coworkers and clients; safe work practices; and attention to rapid and accurate testing.
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Applies established criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity laboratory tests.
3. Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance.
4. Participates in the evaluations of techniques and procedures. Develops, evaluates, and implements new procedures or protocols and tests.
5. Consults with clinicians, supervisor, and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements, and testing protocols.
6. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students. Provides in-services which apply toward the continuing education requirements and in alignment with the continuing education program.
7. Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests, and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
8. Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (CAP, HIPAA, etc.) and provides active support. HIPA, etc.) and provides active support.
9. Functions in the capacity of General Supervisor (as defined by CLIA/CAP) in the absence of Technical Specialist or Manager, managing staff and sick calls, performing method/analyzer troubleshooting, ensuring overall quality for lab operation.
10.Performs other duties as assigned by Technical Specialist, Supervisor or Manager, or as delegated by Laboratory Medical Director.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.