Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Stroke Program Coordinator - Neurosciences Administration for a Full Time, Day position.
This position is responsible for working directly with leadership and support staff to provide leadership and direction for the Stroke Program. Assists with clinical management of stroke patients including coordination of patient care, multidisciplinary teams, performance improvement, and education activities. Further responsibilities include coordination, implementation and sustainability of various Stroke programs and services.
- Evaluates staff and process performance in the areas of Stroke services. Provides clinical consultation within a complex network of disciplines working in concert to provide high quality care, serving as an internal/external resource for staff and physicians
- Coordinates and implements process improvement for the stroke program. Identifies areas of opportunities and works closely with clinical staff/physicians and management to ensure compliance.
- Conducts and coordinates inter-facility, EMS and regional professional staff training for the stroke program .Participates in community education and promotion of the program and practice guidelines among current and future sites.
- Oversees the Stroke Program Registry (Get with the Guidelines) and data abstraction activities in collaboration with other stakeholders. Analyzes and interprets data of population under consideration. Compares outcomes against program goals. Participates in protocol design for data collection, feedback and analysis.
- Coordinates planning, evaluation of program effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service. Represents the program on inter-facility committees to enhance and foster optimal care. Provides ongoing assessment of program needs. Submits quality indicator information to senior leaders and Quality Council for monitoring and tracking.
- Provides active leadership for the Stroke program, including oversight of the telemedicine program. Provides auditing and tracking of the Stroke Program metrics.
- Coordinates inter-facility transfers and protocols, in-house protocols all in synchronization with the Transfer Center for the Stroke Program.
- Utilizes the concepts of Quality Improvement when planning and implementing process changes.
- Conducts quarterly reporting of program effectiveness in order to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- RN, BSN or equivalent Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years in a health care setting required.
- Experience in EMS, prefer paramedic training-preferred
- Demonstrated experience in providing educational seminars
- Current Washington RN license required by date of hire.
- AHA BLS required by date of hire.
- MRS certification within 90 days of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- NIHSS certification within 180 days of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) within 1 year of hire preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with skills to develop and direct a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a self-directed environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of current National and State Stroke guidelines
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.