Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Project Specialist Surgery/Nursing Services - Surgery Administration for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Responsible for performing a full range of analytical, administrative, and professional level project coordination duties in support of assigned project or project area. Participates in the development, implementation and administration of assigned services and functional areas; monitors project area policy and procedure development and implementation; provides professional level research, analysis and other analytical support to assigned project or project area; coordinates communication and work activities among staff during the various phases of assigned project. Responsible for performing a variety of professional level duties relative to assigned area of responsibility and for providing administrative support for Surgical/Nursing leadership to facilitate an efficient, effective administrative team.
- Assists in the planning, design and implementation of project or project elements that support service delivery; participates in processes to define scope and schedule; participates in implementation process.
- Provides assistance in resolving operational and administration problems; identifies problem areas and issues; conducts research to find alternative solutions; makes recommendations; assists in implementation of recommendations.
- Performs a variety of professional level research, administrative, operational, financial, and analytical duties in support of assigned projects, programs and/or functions; conducts studies; research projects; and analysis by selecting, adapting, and applying appropriate analytical, research and statistical techniques.
- Prepares administrative, operational and financial reports including the preparation of conclusion, recommendations, and forecasts based on data summaries and other findings; consults with staff, outside agencies, and associations to obtain information; advises management staff on emerging issues. Is accountable and responsible for development, maintenance and data integrity for assigned databases.
- Maintains records concerning project activities; processes incoming and outgoing documents; prepares and tracks various documents; prepares reports and briefings on project status, progress changes, and items related to scope, schedule and budget.
- Manages data and information used in assigned area including administering assigned databases; enters and modifies data; generates reports; analyzes user needs and modifies database structure and/or format in response to user needs; trains staff on use of database systems; prepares database documentation.
- Provides primary administrative support to Directors and Managers:
- Manages appointments/meetings and provides appropriate support documentation/information.
- Effective manages the flow of incoming and outgoing communications.
- Monitors timelines requiring “action” by the Directors/Managers so that he/she is optimally prepared and responsive to customer needs.
- Sets priorities and organizes project workload.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in relevant field preferred or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Minimum of two years in a position with a similar scope. Responsibilities to have included management of databases, providing administrative support for a leadership team, and organizing and disseminating complex and confidential information.
- Intermediate to advanced level skill in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Must be skilled in and willing to work in a team setting and have ability to accept assignments from multiple individuals while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must be self motivated and demonstrate analysis, design and independent thinking skills.
- Strong problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated flexibility and self-direction through continuous assessment of priorities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in assignments.
Physical/Cognitive Requirements – RiverBend:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.