PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Social Worker - Hospice for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.30, more depending on experience.
We offer Clinical Supervision for MSWs that are pursuing clinical licensure
In addition to a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits, PeaceHealth is offering a $5000.00 sign on bonus to fill this position quickly.
Relocation Assistance is available for those who qualify.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for comprehensive social work services to hospice patients and families, including initial psychosocial evaluations, ongoing counseling and bereavement support. Provides or arranges appropriate interventions, consistent with hospice policy, physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Complete appropriate intake and ongoing assessment of patient psychosocial needs and safety, develop plan, and monitor patient to regularly adjust treatment plan.
- Arrange care conferences with families, agencies and facilities.
- Assist with advance care planning and final arrangements.
- Assist with alternate living and care giving arrangements, and/or coordinating referrals to community resources.
- Provide counseling and psychosocial support for patients and families during hospice care and for the first year of bereavement. Assess for complicated grief and intervene appropriately.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Continuing education in end-of-life area of practice desired.
- Professional Social Work experience
- One year of paid experience in medical or home care preferred, or a graduate field placement (3 years in public health or related social services setting may be substituted).
- Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance requirements as these relate to continuing care
- State Licensed Advanced Social Worked or State Counselor Registration or if the caregiver is applying for CAAR, the caregiver must qualify for Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration upon hire and receive registration within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-regulated practice and working effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff
- Ability to effectively incorporate computer-based charting into bedside practice
- Must be willing to travel throughout the agency's geographic service area.
- Requires strong counseling skills, expertise in loss and grief and symptom management, and knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to manage confidential information and adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.