PeaceHealth is seeking a Refund Specialist - Financial Clearance for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position can be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access. Caregiver must reside in OR, WA, or AK.
Responsible for working patient accounts with credit balances by conducting research, follow-up and billing activities. This position would need to act as resource to all departments that may have questions related to their assigned accounts. This position also assists patients and insurance companies with questions generated from working accounts and/or correspondence.
- Review credit balance accounts for commercial, patient and regulatory payors for proper resolution.
- Process refund requests as appropriate.
- Identify payor trends associated with claim payments, patient payments and posting errors, and escalate as needed to supervisor.
- Request rebills, adjustments, corrections as needed to resolve credit balances.
- Respond punctually to patient and insurance requests and inquiries.
- Resolve work lists and other reports as assigned in a timely fashion.
- Ensure billing compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographics, medical and financial information at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered
- Medical terminology experience required
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations required
- Proficiency in use of 10-key required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of insurance and reimbursement policies
- Strong data entry skills
- Skills in problem solving, organizational and time management
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- Excellent telephone communication skills and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
SYSTEM SERVICES – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.