PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Director Nursing Practice for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for providing leadership for the development and implementation of processes to advance nursing professional practice in the organization. Provides internal consultation to local teams for implementing nursing excellence in pursuit of ANCC Magnet and Pathway to Excellence designations. Champions and manages the organizational change required in adopting evidence-based methodologies that embrace the shared decision making and nursing professional practice environment that are foundational to professional nursing. Serves as a role model for leadership in the professional practice of nursing. Guides and supports the development and maintenance of shared governance, provides education, and supports interdisciplinary collaboration. Promotes an awareness and understanding of positive professional practice principles, cultivates and inspires transformational leadership principles, and ensures quality staff and patient outcomes through the development of programs and systems consistent with the PeaceHealth mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
- In partnership with System Director Professional Nursing, leads and directs nursing related initiatives, setting tactical plans for alignment with PeaceHealth strategic priorities. Negotiates project scope with key stakeholders, directs teams to design interventions and process change with cross regional agreement and support, coordinates work plans and timely completion of deliverables by either personal completion of tasks or facilitation of cross regional work teams.
- Facilitates implementation, integration, and enculturation of the PeaceHealth Nursing Practice Model.
- Leads nursing related Clinical Improvement Team activities towards improving nursing sensitive quality measures.
- Assists Clinical Excellence leadership in the achievement of operational planning targets and measures.
- Oversees PeaceHealth’s participation in the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators. Oversees nursing related data visualization in collaboration with Analytics and Quality Divisions.
- Serves as key resource expert educating nursing about professional practice and performance improvement. Makes recommendations for continual improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of nursing care.
- Ensures nursing practice is evidence-based and meets regulatory requirements. Ensures recommended practice changes are communicated throughout the system. Facilitates nursing leadership understanding and integration of ANCC standards into practice. Serves as subject matter expert for system nursing policy through collaboration with system clinical teams for specific practice standards
- Provides reports and escalates barriers to executive leadership on program status and initiative progress. Directs the scope of projects, including customer priorities, resource needs, and successful execution.
- Oversees the development of Magnet/Pathway to Excellence educational materials and presentations for network caregivers and community members.
- Serves as liaison to ensure the composition, preparation, editing, publication, and submission of Magnet/Pathway to Excellence application documentation.
- Provides guidance and support, in collaboration with local leadership, to shared governance councils in each community to ensure that caregivers are empowered to make meaningful, evidence-based contributions to decision making reading patient care and clinical practice.
- Provides guidance for system clinical collaboratives and nursing practice councils to ensure that policy and procedure and standards of nursing care and protocols reflect evidence-based practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- MSN required, or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years of nursing program development required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of the Magnet credentialing process.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of shared governance.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Proven skills in team facilitation, project implementation, effective data interpretation, customer relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed and disbursed organization.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.