PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Employee Health for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for leadership and supervision of employee health staff, and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and accrediting bodies. Promotes health and safety to prevent caregiver illness and injury. Directs, controls and is accountable for employee health within their assigned facility or community, including PHMG. Develop long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manage the design, structure, development, and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Demonstrate the Mission, Vision, and Values in the achievement of excellent employee health and infection prevention results. Represents employee health in incident command structure and in collaboration with network executive teams.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the assigned network employee health department and program with oversight of caregiver vaccination program, workers compensation and modified duty programs, ergonomic and safe patient handling initiatives, and OSHA and BLS record keeping and reporting.
- In partnership with the System Director Employee Health and network executive team, leads the community inpatient and outpatient employee health initiatives to ensure excellence, improved caregiver and patient safety, regulatory compliance, and adherence to occupational health guidelines.
- Leads and supports managers, physician leaders, departments, and staff to ensure compliance and understanding of applicable occupational health requirements.
- Manages staffing, scheduling, and performance development of employee health staff.
- Directs and leads in conjunction with infection prevention to monitor emerging infectious diseases to prevent disease transmission. Oversees exposure investigations.
- Directs departmental collaboration with Human Resources to ensure caregiver support and return to work as related to ADA support.
- Supports system standardization, stewardship, and quality improvement in Employee Health,
- Provides direct nursing assessment and care consistent with RN scope of practice, education, experience, license, and certification.
- Provides strategic oversight and compliance for network respiratory protection policy as required by Federal and State OSHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
- Minimum of seven years nursing experience required.
- Minimum of five years leadership experience in related field required.
- Nursing experience in an employee health setting preferred.
- Experience with, regulatory agencies, and OSHA preferred.
- Current RN License required.
- Occupational Health Nursing and Case Management certification preferred
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Proficiency with computer and MS Office Suite and clinical applications
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Clinical assessment and nursing process
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.