PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinical Liaison Home Infusion for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position serves as the liaison between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from the hospital to PeaceHealth Home Infusion. The RN Clinical Liaison – Home infusion serves in a consultant role, acting as an advocate for home Infusion services .The Liaison provides education and support and is responsible for establishing, growing, and maintaining relationships with the hospital, in accordance with PeaceHealth policies and procedures. Communicates with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities at PeaceHealth hospitals.
- Maintains and builds existing referral base relationships by serving as a resource for education. This includes providing in-services to hospital staff, inpatient and outpatient rehab, physicians, and patients and families regarding Home Infusion services utilizing available education resources.
- Evaluates referrals received for home Infusion and discuss the care plan with physicians, nurses, case management, patient and family.This includes interfacing with hospital and other RN Care Managers to coordinate care and discharges for complex patients. Assists with discharge planning activities by identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Provides resources appropriate to patient’s clinical needs.
- Performs effective communication by documenting coordination interventions during hospitalization in accordance with standards.
- Provides information to patients and family members, on home Infusion services. Visits the patient onsite, reviews the physician order, assesses the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information.
- Provides both telephone and on-site information and consultation to assigned hospital regarding home infusion services as appropriate for patients, families, facility/agency physicians, and hospital social workers/discharge planners. Maintains communication and relationships with referral sources within territory.
- Participates when appropriate in care conferences, huddles, and weekly meetings regarding new home Infusion referrals. Participates and understands goals of the hospital metrics to meet expectations.
- Facilitates smooth transition of patient from hospital to agency services to provide the best continuum of care. Could include patient education, teaching of equipment use, technical support, and active participation in the discharge process as appropriate.
- Accepts referrals from hospital staff after they have provided patient choice and service needed. Coordinate with Home Infusion Intake and schedulers to promote seamless transitions of care. Supports the growth initiatives of PeaceHealth Home and Community.
- Performs general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives. Maintains and updates knowledge of, and is responsive to, the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
- Provides accurate tracking on a weekly basis to reflect referral volume timeliness of care for each patient.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
• BSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of 3 years of related nursing experience.
- Home Health or Home Infusion care experience preferred.
- Previous care management, discharge planning or hospice care placement experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis/problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent computer skills with technical knowledge of computer applications.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and teaching skills.
- Current knowledge of patient care practices within home health.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams (providers, nursing and all other staff).
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.