PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Endoscopy RN for a full-time role at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. **$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!** This is a .875 FTE position in our Gastro-Endo Lab that will work 10 hour shifts, 70 hours each two week pay period.
- A $10,000 sign-on bonus & relocation assistance
- A comprehensive, employee focused benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has made PeaceHealth the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- Hourly compensation that starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, degree, and relevant certifications.
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a non-profit, 450-bed tertiary-level hospital. Located just across the river from the Portland, OR metropolitan area, Vancouver, WA is a central location where you can take advantage of city amenities or the lush landscape, with easy access to numerous recreational and cultural activities. An ideal location for foodies and outdoor enthusiasts alike, and just a short drive to the charming coastal towns along the Pacific Ocean.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN preferred
- Specialty certification preferred.
- 2 years Endoscopy nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Endoscopy nursing experience and/or Critical care experience preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.