PeaceHealth is seeking a Pre Surgery Coordinator in Cardiology for a full time, day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Pre Surgery Coordinator is responsible for assisting physicians, physician assistants and nurses in the scheduling of surgical procedures and/or other procedures and tests for patients. Will perform duties of Patient Access Rep as needed.
- Supports patients and families in understanding the course for pre-operative preparations and testing.
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating patient, surgery department (hospital and ambulatory surgery center), managed care, physician offices and pre-admission testing needs. This includes communicating with hospital surgery scheduling department to assure hospital scheduling system is accurate. Ensures the process is completed for patient in a timely manner ahead of surgery date.
- Schedules pre-op visits, surgery and post-op visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of surgeon and assistant surgeon or midwife.
- Coordinates with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
- Perform duties of a Patient Access Rep as needed. Assists and backs up support areas as needed/applicable (i.e. financial counseling for patient insurance coverage pre-authorization).
- May be responsible for reviewing electronic chart transcription to support the goals of helping lower risk management situations, allowing procedures to be scheduled in a timely manner and to provide cases to be managed in the computer programs designed to prevent missed appointments, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years experience in a hospital or ambulatory care setting or three years progressive secretarial experience in healthcare.
- Previous pre-surgery coordinator experience in a surgical ambulatory care setting or acute care setting is preferred.
- Experience in CareCast/EPIC is preferred.
- Cardiac Cath Lab scheduling, cardiology practice experience preferred.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.