PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Patient Navigator for a day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Patient Navigator improves access to healthcare and social services for patients who are seeking recurrent medical care for management of chronic/acute illness. The goal is to partner with patients in finding stable, consistent and coordinated healthcare support. In collaboration with the Care Management team which may include a social worker, LPN/RN, Behavioral Health team and Primary Care Provider, the Patient Navigator coordinates the patient’s care throughout PeaceHealth Medical Group.
- Assists patients and families in understanding the available resources, Coordinates patient transportation and accompaniment as needed to scheduled appointments. Reduces cultural and socio-economic barriers between patients and health providers.
- Acts as a point of contact for patients and families including coaching patients in how to effectively use a medical home and self-management of their chronic health conditions; monitors and follows-up on service plans with clients; ensures patients receive a treatment plan that is understandable and feasible.
- Assists with development of patient education programs and tools. Reinforce patient education and direct patients and families to available resources and supportive services.
- Follow patients through the continuum of care in collaboration with key stakeholders in the treatment plans. Assures patients receive appropriate and timely services by making referrals and motivating/teaching patients to seek care.
- Coordinates patient’s care with other medical personnel. Follows patients through the continuum of care in collaboration with key stakeholders in the treatment plan including Social Work, Behavioral Health, PCP and Nursing staff.
- Conducts outreach and collaboration with community social service agencies and health providers in order to improve patient access.
- Coordinates weekly care conferences with the primary care multi-disciplinary team, helping to ensure concise patient summaries are in plan and that the follow up plan has been identified.
- Screens patients’ eligibility for primary care, including private providers and safety net providers; and or public or private healthcare coverage
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification from accrediting body including or related to patient navigation or advocacy required within 2 years of hire.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at time of hire.
- Two years relevant post-secondary education or training preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working in human services or healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare systems and multi-cultural communities preferred.
- Community Healthcare experience and/or program development experience preferred.
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and use of electronic medical record required.
- Insight into the roles and responsibilities of the interdisciplinary team members.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to openly address and acknowledge issues of substance use and mental illness.
- Ability to understand and communicate the concepts of the interrelatedness of body, mind and spirit to health and wellness.
- Knowledge and involvement of community issues enhancing wellness and health by participating with appropriate agencies to facilitate change.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.