PeaceHealth is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for our Labor & Delivery department at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This role will work collaboratively with the Nurse Manager to provide leadership for our 32 LDRP Family Birth Center. This is a Full Time exempt position that will be working a mid/night shift. Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Relocation Assistance & comprehensive benefits package
- A hospital that was named to an Elite List of the Best Maternity Hospitals in the US by Newsweek in both 2020 & 2021
- A mission driven non-profit healthcare system
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
- A great place to live, and no State Income tax!
- A collaborative leadership team
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission driven healthcare system. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
For additional information or questions, feel free to reach out to Lisa Wishard at [email protected], or 360.414.2186.
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in program with a targeted graduation date w/in 3 years of date of hire.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience.
- Recent charge nurse (or supv/mgmt )experience within the last two years
- Two years supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse licensure
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS and/or ENPC may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Requires skills in the process of continuous adaptation
- Ability to address generation conflict in workforce applying a philosophical understanding of servant leadership.
- Ability to adjust instructional methods to match learning styles, education and training plan and tailor environment to incorporate nursing students and faculty into the clinical unit culture.
- Ability to identify care patterns or systems thinking which leads to the most effective patient outcomes.
- Knowledge and application of tools for quality & safety (e.g. A3, 5S) and monitors patient outcome at the patient and unit level to achieve top quartile performance.
- Ability to apply interventions at patient and unit levels which promote evidence-based practice, staying current with nursing literature.
- Ability to apply “holism” in nursing as application of body, mind and spirit as a total unit acting together in nursing care delivery and patient need for care.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
- For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.