PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Account Reviewer for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates incoming issues and concerns to ensure the best possible patient experience regarding their PeaceHealth billing process. Conducts research, prioritizes issues and follows up by determining appropriate course of action, or response. Ensures deadlines are met for appropriate responses to external and internal customers. Develops workflows for department based on best practices and industry standards. Conducts department training to roll out new or updated workflows. Analyzes accounts for accuracy and appropriate billing practices, while identifying trends and issues.
- Serves as point of contact and responds to service recovery inquiries from patients, internal customers, and vendors. Monitors dispute process to ensure resolution for patients.
- Partners with leadership to establish a sustainable service recover and Quality Review program, to develop and drive strategies, tactics, and outcomes to achieve specific service goals related to patient experience.
- Tracks service recovery data, analyze, trend outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement. Reports on findings to Revenue Cycle Manager leading to transparency of outcomes.
- Represents PeaceHealth Quality Service internally and externally through verbal and written correspondence.
- Interacts with leadership and caregivers to address patient complaints and works with key stakeholders to respond appropriately.
- Delivers educational programs using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, and templates. Measures and compares results to desired outcomes and objectives. May develop training and materials.
- Collaborates with other departments within PeaceHealth to help improve the quality of the patient experience and to ensure improvements are implemented and followed consistently.
- Investigates and reviews patient feedback to resolve issues. Documents follow up and solutions and coordinates with risk management to meet written response requirements to patients and family members.
- Coordinates training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize processes and the patient experience. Works with leadership to develop.
- Develops and maintains instructor manuals, training materials, job aids and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager or director.
- Associate degree: or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience that provides the caregiver with the ability to perform the job required.
- Three years of collections, customer service, call center and/or patient billing work experience required.
- Experience tracking trends and analyzing large data sets to determine widespread errors or issues.
- Experience in training preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Web based applications and Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to flex between multiple roles with short or no notice
- A broad understanding of both hospital and professional revenue cycle
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively on projects under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to gather findings, organize details, and create a presentation that can be presented to multiple audiences including executive staff when necessary.
- Attention to detail, understanding of organizations, and problem solving
- Excellent judgment in solving problems of a difficult procedural or technical nature.
- Excellent service orientation with both internal and external clients and a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals in a healing and compassionate manner.
- Professional demeanor and ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of methods and techniques of data collection, research, and report preparation. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.