Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Admissions Coordinator/Utilization Review - Psychiatric Unit for a Per Diem/Relief, .0 Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience.
Responsible for identifying potential behavioral health inpatient unit candidates, pre-screening referrals and preparing patients for admission to Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit, including patient consultation.
- Coordinates admissions; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy; exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
- Assesses patient referrals to determine that patient meets all admission criteria.
- Collaborates with physicians, referral sources, and other staff to monitor issues and status; establishes timing of admissions.
- Coordinates the admission process with patients, families, referring facilities, physicians, emergency departments’ crisis workers, public safety officers, outside agencies and Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit staff.
- Provides documentation of medical necessity and obtains authorization for treatment regarding acute inpatient psychiatric benefits.
- Identifies patients in need of financial assistance and refers to the appropriate programs.
- Performs data collection and statistical compilation and analysis of data bases relative to quality assurance and effectiveness of programs.
- Provides professional psychiatric nursing presence and oversight based on unit needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved nursing program required.
- Bachelor's degree in mental health field, health sciences, nursing or health service field preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice required
- Eligible for Medicaid credentialing and ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Professional certification preferred.
- Must have strong psychiatric nursing background and previous admission coordination experience.
- Knowledge of insurance industry (third party payers and state and federal financial assistance programs) and problem solving skills are required.
- Proficiency with computers, statistical compilation and analysis of data bases relative to quality assurance and effectiveness of programs instituted is very helpful.
- Must possess strong medical and psychiatric assessment, problem solving and prioritization skills and working knowledge of DSM 5 Revised.
- Ability to understand and apply inpatient acute psychiatric benefits in the acute inpatient setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required; must be professional in working closely with all customers such as referral sources, physicians, insurance companies, staff, patients and families.
- Must have good organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage competing demands effectively.
- Requires excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with people who have disabling conditions and/or who have cultural differences.
- Computer experience and knowledge of MS Office essential
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.