PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic in Pediatrics for a part time (32 hours per week) day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36 for new grad MA and $24.00 for new grad LPN, more depending on experience.
*** $3500.00 Sign-On Bonus for MEDICAL ASSISTANT *** *** $4000.00 Sign-On Bonus for LPN *** ***
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, this role will assist physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within their scope of practice.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- May transport specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant/Medical Office Assistant program, or accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program.
- Current Registered or National Medical Assistant certification or Oregon LPN license.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) at date of hire
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.