PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Clinical Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Champions and engages with all levels of leadership and caregivers in the network in implementing a culture of lean transformation, building trust and collaborative relationships. Promotes the principles, values and methodologies required to support a high performing clinical professional development program. Provides leadership, guidance, and support to ensure alignment and standardization around onboarding/orientation, competency management, education, role development, collaborative partnerships, quality, safety, and evidence-based practice for the assigned network. Ensures that programs and services promote professional growth of caregivers, caregiver competency, learning needs of patients and/or families, attainment of network’s/system strategic goals.
- Ensures educational programs/services are consistent with criteria and standards of establishes care by licensing and accrediting bodies and professional organization.
- Coordinates tracking of hospital-wide or medical group educational programs and directs, controls and is accountable for network clinical education department.
- Collaborates and partners with network and system leaders, in department and inter-professional, in sharing materials and methodologies, and in promoting evidence-based practice and standardization.
- Ensures quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance.
- With network and system, collaboratively develops long and short-term plans by assessing needs, prioritizes, recommends, plans, and facilitates the development and implementation of network-wide clinical caregiver education. Evaluate program effectiveness and update as appropriate.
- Ensures in-patient and/or ambulatory-wide compliance with regulatory, accreditation and scope and standards of professional practice.
- Provides leadership, management oversight and consultation of clinical practice educational programs. Inspires staff to promote a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and quality patient care.
- Works with physicians, department leaders, educators, quality, patient safety, risk management and other stakeholders to support safe, effective, high quality care and service to patients and patient families.
- Develops an open, honest, and mutually beneficial relationship with his or her supervisor, fellow colleagues/peers, caregivers, and departments they provide service to develop/implement programs to support high quality care and experience for our patients and patient families.
- Works with internal stakeholders and educational institutions to coordinate student learning experiences as defined by organization and workforce development and planning strategies.
- Manages training resources (contracted services, operating expenses, budget preparation, etc.), supervises & develops staff (scheduling, evaluation, coaching, etc.) and provides leadership and direction to regional clinical education caregivers.
- Manages, develops, and counsels the functions employee staff consistent with good human resource management practices to create a work environment that encourages and allows participation to promote retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required
- Master of Science in Nursing or Master of Education preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in adult clinical education in a hospital, clinic or clinical setting required; preferably as a clinical nurse educator or a clinical nurse specialist.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Training in adult learning principles, performance assessment and management required.
- Additional training in quality/process improvement methods and tools preferred.
- Current RN license as required by State to practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Certification in nursing professional development from ANCC, American Nurses Credentialing Center within 3 years of hire.
- Ability to connect education events to metrics: lead or lag indicators.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient expertise in MS Office programs
- Basic skills in a variety of education technology methodologies.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.