PeaceHealth is seeking a Rehab Technician for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.85, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Supports therapy programs as organized and supervised by Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists; as well as Rehab psychology staff if applicable.
- Assist therapists/therapy assistants with patient care-related duties. This may include, but is not limited to: providing a second-person assist for patient care; patient treatment area set-up/cleaning; equipment set-up/cleaning, patient transport for care, and patient comfort measures.
- Assist therapy clinical leaders by creating and modifying patient and therapist daily schedules throughout day, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintenance, organization, minor repair, and fitting of wheelchairs/seating for patients on assigned unit.
- Primary responsibility for therapy supply ordering and inventory.
- Driving, including transport of patients for home visits and coordination of maintenance of the units vehicle as applicable.
- As applicable, fabrication or assisting in fabrication of adaptive devices including splints; assistance with therapy programs including performing vital sign checks as needed.
- May also be responsible for clerical tasks involving basic use of office equipment and which may include: checking in and scheduling patients; daily cash and/or petty cash reconciliation; filing, faxing, putting together and tearing down charts; sending in authorizations for patients; building referrals in CareConnect from outside orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise indicated)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year current PT aide, OT aide or similar experience within an inpatient rehabilitation setting preferred.
- CNA II license in the state of employment is required.
- Valid state Driver’s License is required.
- Proof of current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to work closely with physicians, nursing, other clinical staff, volunteers, and community members.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records preferred.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon Network -SHMC Riverbend:
- Driver’s License is not required.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.