PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Nursing Emergency Department for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and directing nursing practice and clinical functions for assigned nursing units in order to develop, promote and implement a clinical services and nursing professional practice environment and ensure that exceptional medicine and compassionate care is delivered; continually improve service and operations to ensure that safe, reliable and high quality care and patient experiences are provided; ensure that clinical support services are coordinated; create an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication and job satisfaction.
The Director of Nursing builds relationships resulting in compassionate and committed teams within the services and with all stakeholders. All work must be done with a thorough understanding of and committed to PeaceHealth culture, including the core values and Leadership Model.
- Work closely with leadership throughout the organization to maximize operational efficiencies and meet capital and operating budget goals. Participate in operational planning and implementation of organizational strategic plans and ensure overall operational performance.
- Promotes change, facilitates redesign, and implements systems and processes to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and accreditation within all programs and clinical units.
- Develop implementation plans for providing nursing care.
- Develop patient care programs and Implement an effective ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality and outcomes of nursing care delivered to patients.
- Serves as a consultant for nursing to ensure practice and standards are current and that care is delivered across the continuum.
- Provide nursing leadership on issues including patient safety, healthcare quality, emerging technology and innovation. Maintain alignment with regional direction on these issues.
- Manage operational units as assigned including providing leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, fiscal accountability, operational effectiveness, and positive relations with other departments, members of the medical staff, physician practices and all stakeholders within scope and span of control.
- Develop effective interdisciplinary relationships with medical staff to ensure the presence of an on-going quality improvement program by providing leadership for patient safety, quality improvement, service excellence and physician satisfaction
- Budget development and accountability for all operational departments assigned ensuring all financial performance measures are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
- BSN is required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business or Healthcare is required within two years of hire date.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible nursing leadership experience is required.
- Experience with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams and physician groups to reach consensus highly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice required.
- Certification in specialty is required within three years of date of hire.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and responsibility in a collaborative manner with multiple demands and short timelines is required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is required.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs is required.
- Demonstrated success in operations management and financial management is required.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Oregon West Network (SHMC-RB, SHMC-UD, CGCH, Peace Harbor):
- BSN or MSN required.
- If BSN, Masters preferred.
Oregon West Network – Critical Care Services:
- Knowledge and experience in leading emergency and intensive care services.
Oregon West Network – Emergency Services at SHMC RiverBend:
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare is required.
- A minimum of five years progressive ED nursing leadership experience is required including three years of experience in the Emergency Department manager role.
- Clinical expertise in primary area of responsibility required.
- Experience in federal and state regulatory healthcare compliance (e.g., CMS, The Joint Commission, DVN, (Department of Health) required.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving Emergency Department quality metrics.
- Demonstrated success working across functional departments to achieve desired results.
Oregon West Network - Patient Placement/Transfer Center (PP/TC):
- Responsible and accountable for leadership and oversight of Patient Placement/ Transfer Center, house supervisors, float pool, and other initiative as determined.
- Facilitates initial and ongoing development of the program and initiatives.
- Responsible for performance improvement, program development, and administrative and business functions.
- Provides leadership and accountability for outreach and marketing of PP/TC.
- Acts as a resource and maintains current subject matter knowledge.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.