Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Bed Management/Patient Placement for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
**$20,000 Sign-On Bonus offered for this role**
The Manager of Patient flow and Bed Management is responsible for the coordination and supervision of hospital-wide patient placement and admissions. The role is empowered to make decisions, and is authorized to act in collaboration with both nursing and ancillary department management and/or hospital executive leadership. Provides centralized coordination of communication regarding patient placement. Serves as Customer Relations Advocate. Participates in Nursing activities to achieve organizational and department goals. Responsible for the administration and supervision of all assigned caregivers. Accountable for independently applying the problem-solving process in coordinating patient services, admissions, discharges, transfers and patient placement.
- Communicates with administrative staff on process flows and standard work associate to patient placement and bed management opportunities.
- Promotes change, facilitates redesign, and implements systems and processes to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and accreditation within all programs and clinical units.
- Develop effective interdisciplinary relationships with medical staff to ensure the presence of an on-going quality improvement program by providing leadership for patient safety, quality improvement, service excellence and physician satisfaction
- Manages and coordinates the effectiveness of patient placement on a daily basis. Functions as a key contact for Emergency department, Hospitalists team and the intensivist team within the critical care units.
- Serves as a liaison role in care management and utilization review between the processes in transferring inter and intra facility and the appropriateness of services requested. Initiate elective pre-certification and coordinate urgent/emergent admissions authorizations working closely with the UR/ Care management team
- Collect, analyze, evaluates and interprets data from internal and external entities as indicated by the administrative team or key stakeholders.
- Directs and collaborates with Director’s of Nursing Administration and Service line directors decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervenes in patient placement issues.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties of Shift Supervisor and the Patient Flow and Bed Management supervisor.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
- BSN required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business or Healthcare is required within two years of hire date
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible nursing leadership experience is required.
- Experience with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams and physician groups to reach consensus highly preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of Critical Care and/ or Emergency Services is highly recommended.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice required.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and responsibility in a collaborative manner with multiple demands and short timelines is required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is required.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs is required.
- Demonstrated success in operations management and financial management is required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.