PeaceHealth is seeking a Charge Capture Reviewer - Hospital Coding for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position can be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access. Caregiver must reside in OR, WA, or AK.
Acts as an expert resource for auditing and training in support of accuracy and appropriateness of coding and charge capture using ICD-10 and CPT industry and PeaceHealth standards.
- Performs chart/coding audits as required by Coding System regulatory policies and procedures and according to established internal coding and charge capture audit plan.
- Participates in development of action plans to include follow up education on identified issues with subsequent audit and reassessment.
- Performs charge capture coding, production coding, trauma and edit review, observation charge validation, and Method II charge capture and review.
- Serves as an expert resource for CPT as it affects coding, billing, compliance and reimbursement.
- Assists with re-training efforts because of coding and charge capture errors found. Delivers training and standards as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of formal coding program or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Minimum of two years acute charge capture and coding experience required.
- Knowledge of CPT coding for all specialties is necessary as well as knowledge of Medicare/Oregon, Alaska, Washington Medicaid, and various commercial payer rules and guidelines required.
- AHIMA/AAPC credential required: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCA, CPC, COC, CPC-H.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity to other cultures and ethnicities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous training experience and curriculum design a plus.
- Excellent ability for conceptual thinking, good listening, problem resolution and planning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Epic and 3M software preferred. CAC exposure highly desirable.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment.
- Ability to work well independently and in a remote environment.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.