PeaceHealth is seeking a Professional Practice Leader - Perioperative Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Leads transformational patient care delivery providing coaching, mentorship and education for the assigned workforce. Engages the nursing staff to practice to the full scope of their professional practice. Serves as a resource for evidence-based practice for the nursing staff. Conducts daily rounds highlighting and prioritizing unmet patient needs. Works at the point of care delivery to transfer knowledge and patient outcomes management to the nursing team. Coordinates interdisciplinary relationships. Serves as an advanced generalist. Provides a catalyst for improving the quality and safety of patients, as well as the patient experience. Provides responsiveness to changes in patient care work and develops standardized workflows to improve the work environment and clinical outcomes.
- Provides oversight for continuous innovation in the areas of clinical quality, safety, care coordination, patient/family education and the patient experience. Builds capacity for clinical inquiry and performance improvement in the nursing staff.
- Conducts small tests of change using rapid action improvement framework and lean principles. Ensures core measure compliance is integrated into the unit-based workflows as designed.
- Develops sustainability model for deployed interventions to improve patient outcomes.
- Integrates the nursing model and components of the model into a cohesive framework consistent in all essential role functions and interactions with patients and staff. Communicates and collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to actualize the care delivery model.
- Educates the nursing staff on new research and evidence-based practice at the point of care. Serves as a Preceptor for students pursuing a Bachelors’ degree in Nursing.
- Leads nursing shared governance councils or committees as assigned.
- Compares system-wide, facility-wide and unit-specific data against established benchmarks and targets. Collects additional data through medical record reviews, audits and interviews.
- Participates in the review of electronic incident reports and serious safety events. May participate in the Root Cause Analysis process and subsequent action planning. Identifies problem areas in the delivery of patient care and revises complex patient care plans to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Attends meetings and Daily Management System (DMS) huddles to identify opportunities to intervene in the care of complicated patients and opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Participates in one or more of PeaceHealth’s Clinical Excellence Initiatives, researching evidence-based practices and creating or updating policies, procedures, guidelines or nursing standards of care accordingly.
- Participates in the interview process for new nursing staff to the unit, using quality matching techniques to identify top candidates for the position. Provides input to the Nurse Manager during selection of final candidate.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and Clinical Educator to identify and assess practice gaps. Suggests clinical practice components to incorporate into orientation, ongoing training and competency assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in nursing specialty.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive leadership experience required.
- Demonstrates competence in area of expertise.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Depending on area of specialty, ACLS, PALS, NRP or TNCC may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) certification preferred.
- ANCC certification in specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills including effective listening.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Ability to apply all aspects of the nursing process and care management principles.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships to deliver optimal care and enhance outcomes.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization/critical thinking skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills to include ability to document, evaluate and manage patient outcomes.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- SHMC (RiverBend) Emergency Department PPL: American Heart Association ACLS upon hire. TNCC and PALS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion.
- SHMC (RiverBend) ICU PPL: American Heart Association ACLS upon hire. TNCC (or TCAR) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion.
- SHMC (RiverBend) Cardiovascular PPL: American Heart Association ACLS upon hire. Telemetry experience required.
- SHMC (RiverBend) Perioperative Services Department PPL: ACLS required within 6 months of hire. Familiarity with surgical services across the continuum of care, from pre-admission to post-discharge care, preferred.
- SHMC (RiverBend) Womens’ and Childrens’ PPL: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and PALS certification required at date of hire. Nursing experience caring for the maternal and child patient population required.
SACRED HEART-RIVERBEND PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting 67-100% of the time.
- Ability to seldom lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.