PeaceHealth is seeking a Mgr Patient Safety for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Manages the coordination of the Network activities of Patient Safety with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Leads teams to focus on producing improvements in the system standardization, efficiency and effectiveness of patient care. Coordinates process change and coordinates software implementation in support of strategic goals. Works with a group of caregivers to successfully plan and execute projects/programs ensuring alignment with the patient safety priorities of PeaceHealth. Supports the patient safety projects.
- Manages the development, implementation and support of the Safety STOP program at the network level. Serves as a program champion. Develops tactical plans in alignment with PeaceHealth strategies and priorities. Negotiates project scope, designs the interventions and process change, coordinates work plans and completion of deliverables.
- Organizes and maintains the tools, templates and standard work of the patient safety department.
- Develops and maintains the patient safety web site, document libraries, databases, videos and other resources.
- Manages assigned staff and is responsible for hiring, corrective action, and dismissal. Evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Develops and manages the databases and performance dashboard reports to executive leadership, oversight teams and caregivers. Coordinates Safety STOP data management, including reporting and distribution of reports.
- Receives performance improvement work from kaizens and takes ownership for ensuring completion and implementation of the new processes and tools. Builds process maps and standard work.
- Serves as champion and subject matter expert for patient safety functions, processes and tools. In collaboration with the Patient Safety Consultants, trains staff on new tools and processes.
- Applies Lean methodology to program improvement. Supports the integration of Safety STOP with Daily Management Systems. Rounds on the gemba in collaboration with patient safety executives and organization leaders to ensure standard work and help identify, escalate and/or remove barriers.
- Coordinates the spread of action plans following safety events in accordance with the Safety STOP targets. Manages the collaboration with Performance Improvement, local communities, and system services in facilitating system spread.
- Supports and coordinates the patient safety escalation process to help ensure patient safety issue solutions are consistently spread across the system.
- Collaborates with communications to publicize patient safety stories. Develops and manages the patient safety recognition process and tools.
- Participates in the budget planning process; authorizes and monitors expenditures, develop and implement cost-savings procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a closely related healthcare discipline or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job required
- Master’s Degree or advanced training is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in recent patient safety, performance improvement or quality roles Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience with managing complex programs and projects, specifically with a focus on quality improvement activities and quality improvement projects with desired outcomes is required.
- Experience in leading RCA’s and FMEA’s preferred.
- Lean certification preferred.
- Certification/licensure in a clinic field is preferred.
- Certified Professional Patient Safety (CPPS) is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Conflict management and group facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio required and competency with other project management software is preferred.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.