PeaceHealth is seeking a Polysomnographic Technologist - Sleep Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position.
Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Technician and may provide oversight of other staff.
Spotlight on Vancouver - YouTube
Details of the Position:
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
- Respond to study participant’s procedural-related inquires by providing appropriate information to testing procedure.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Administers bedtime, morning, and quality assurance questionnaires to aid in patient evaluation.
- Performs equipment set up, calibration, and patient hookup in a timely and efficient manner and according to department procedures.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions. Recognize sleep/wake stages and events by applying professionally accepted guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Associates degree in related health sciences preferred.
- Experienced Polysomnographic Technologist – high level of sleep disorder work experience.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- RPSGT certification or CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) or;
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Therapy (NBRT) and must obtain RPSGT certification within 24 months of date of hire.
- Experience in clinical interaction with patients, co-workers and medical staff which demonstrates the following skills:
- Ability to maintain composure with multiple workloads and demands due to the patient’s condition and difficult testing environment.
- Extremely vigilant and detailed orientated.
- Ability work alone and independently but able to maintain department protocols.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Jennifer, [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.