***Sign On Bonus $3,500***
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Pulmonary for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required.
- An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical office preferred.
- See below for licensure/certification requirements for each community. When referring to the National Certification requirement below, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
PHMG – Vancouver:
- Only Washington state licensure required.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may)
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may)
- Requires the use of an N-95 mask
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.