PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Variable position. This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Hours will be 0645-1915, includes every weekend.
Hourly compensation is $25.48 - $50.38; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
**Hiring bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Completion of an educational program for surgical technologists accredited by a national accreditation organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority AND
- Holds and maintains a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists.
- In lieu of above, must have completed a US Military Surgical Technologist Training Program and must complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
- For those who have practiced surgical technology in a health care facility in Oregon or another state or as an employee of an agency or institution of the federal government for at least two of the three years prior to January 1, 2017, certification is not required but caregiver must complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
- CVOR- 2 years Cardiac Surgery OR (CVOR) CST experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
- Understanding of operating room protocols.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.