PeaceHealth is seeking an Applications Developer.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** Remote position. Developer will live in Oregon, Washington or Alaska.
Designs, implements, and maintains data collection, integration, and storage tools. Develops new applications not provided by software vendors, customization of vendor-supplied systems and development to further integrate a mix of vendor-supplied and internally developed applications and databases.
- Competitive compensation, robust benefits package, and work/life balance at a not-for-profit healthcare organization.
- Access to the latest technology, tools, resources, and collaborative support to help our team succeed.
- Growth and career advancement.
- Vendor discounts including travel, dining, and retail
- See why PeaceHealth was recognized as the #1 healthiest employer in Washington. click here
The ideal candidate will have:
- Data Analyst, SQL, and/or business intelligence development experience
- Familiarity with Infor highly preferred with experience in BIRST reporting
- Experience and knowledge of data warehousing principles and concepts
- Experience conducting business analysis, designing, prototyping and developing reporting solutions
- Experience and ability to serve in a periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, relevant field. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree
- Experience/knowledge to develop interactive database applications required.
- 2 years experience using Windows (and components such as IIS, etc.) Office, web editors, iSeries web environments, and other tools used for web-based and client/server applications.
- 2 years experience with web and application server capabilities for various platforms such as Windows, AS/400, Tandem, etc.
- Experience and/or knowledge with server platforms (hardware and software) and configurations, including but not limited to services such as Microsoft’s Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft Index Server, IBM web frameworks, WebSphere, APACHE, Secure Sockets Layer, use of Outlook/Exchange within the framework of web pages/site(s), electronic commerce, etc.
- Experience/knowledge of relational and object-oriented databases and structures.
- Experience with data modeling, logical and physical database design is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.