PeaceHealth is seeking a Project Manager - Design and Construction on the Master Facility Planning & Development team.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**on-site position in Bellingham, WA
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive construction manager experience.
- A track record of successful healthcare project management initiatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
Accountable for all phases of new construction and renovation projects while effectively collaborating with appropriate entities for such duties as managing the budget, schedules, bids, design, and construction requirements for each project, in accordance with the architectural design principals, coordinates and assists in managing design user groups during the design phase of major capital projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and reports regularly the progress of each project. Responsible for all elements of construction during the construction and closeout phases.
- Maintains ongoing and continuously updates comprehensive, prioritized and sequenced documents illustrating all facilities projects by campus.
- Manages capital project design, construction, and budget. Forecasts and reports on costs for all project phases from inception through completion. Evaluates invoices pertaining to projects, documents costs and analyzes their impact relative to anticipated costs. Ensures consistent coding for project Purchase Orders and invoices.
- Ensures work plans are generated and executed and manages specific projects. Reviews all contractors’ monthly schedules, updates for compliance. Processes the schedule data files to monitor schedule changes implemented by contractors. Documents deficiencies through a written report to the project leadership team. Evaluates proposed percentages of completion of activities against work-in-place to assist in review of pay applications.
- Manages communications to operations on an ongoing, regular and predictable basis. Establishes standard report formats to disseminate critical project information.
- Collaborates with other departments to communicate project plans, status updates, and recovery plans when necessary.
- Defines and establishes the project scope of work with stakeholders and develops project budgets. Reviews deliverables for accuracy prepared by the design team before submission to stakeholders for approval.
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects and scope from design initiation through contract closeout. Lead the efforts of the project team involving approvals from all applicable agencies having jurisdiction.
- Lead the efforts of the project team involving approvals from all applicable agencies having jurisdiction.
- Provides update/status reporting for work in progress, including costs and schedules to stakeholders and associates. Reviews Master Plan to ensure constructability and confirm there are no conflicts affecting sequencing of work.
- Devises bidding strategies, including bid packages, and ensure contractors participate in the bid process. Administers the construction contracts.
- Conduct all project related meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Implements and enforces all applicable PeaceHealth policies and procedures in place for all projects
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in in-patient healthcare project management.
- Extensive experience in managing $20M+ projects.
- Prior experience with CDPH is preferred
- AIA, LEED, PMP, CCM, or other related accreditations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically MS Project
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Objective and focused on project goals
- Organizational skills are top notch.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively lead project teams.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.