PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Desktop Services..
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** This is an on-site position in Bellingham, WA.
Manages the coordination of the activities for TSP desktop support staff including all desktop operations including the integration of new desktop technologies with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Meets or exceeds service level agreements. Implements best practices. Collaborates with TSP leaders to identify, track, escalate, report and resolve customer issues. Works collaboratively with the customer to define standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Manages the desktop support caregiver staff and supervisors to ensure 24-hour support; assists TSP Director Desktop Services with coordinating vendor resources and escalation to optimize support by PH staff and vendors to maximize organizational outcomes.
- Provides direct management of assigned staff including motivating and directing, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action, performance management of assigned staff, and staff development.
- Analyzes the technical performance and reliability of products, systems, and service against identified industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction, develops and implements technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures. Assists and collaborates with Client Engineering team to develop business and technology standards and implement new technologies for managing the desktop.
- Provides oversight of assigned operations by establishing goals and objectives for the TSP Desktop Analyst team by providing organizational leadership and accountability in the identification, planning and implementation of TSP services.
- Assists TSP leadership with strategic planning input including, designing and implementation of short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Assists with developing, implementing, and maintaining system-wide vendor policies related to vendor and supplier selection and managing vendor relationships for hardware, software and services to ensure optimal terms and pricing.
- Assists with budget management by contributing to capital and operational budget planning, expense control, monitoring budgetary compliance, monitoring team productivity and scheduling.
- Collaborates with other PeaceHealth management to resolve operations issues and ensure strategic and quality goals are met. Represents TSP Support accurately and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Supports and enforces PeaceHealth change control processes for desktop and printer moves, additions and changes. Participates as required in reviewing and/or approving changes initiated by other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical field or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 5 years IT industry work experience such as desktop technologies, data communications software and hardware, support and maintenance.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Preferred experience includes managing multiple, large, cross-functional customer service, desktop support, telecommunications and/or production support team(s) responsible for telecommunications or desktop support, customer service and/or production support in multi-platform environments.
- Experience providing Desktop Services in an Epic environment is preferred.
- A+ Certification, ITIL, Network+ Certification, Server+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- Customer service orientation
- Able to manage multiple matrix relationships including PeaceHealth leadership, physicians, departments, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Planning, budgeting and fiscal management; ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Proven ability to support an IT infrastructure within a healthcare and/or clinical environment and expertise in HIPAA-compliance;
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities in ITIL, COBIT or other IT service management framework
- Large-scale project management leading a large professional staff in the development of complex systems
- Ability to creatively apply broad, state-of-the-art technology for business problems and opportunities
- Proven ability to lead inter-organization change
- Performance improvement process skills
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.