Job ID: 16638
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Workers Compensation and Injury Coordinator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates an established Return-to-Work and injury reduction program through coordination, monitoring and creation of modified work assignments for injured caregivers. Coordinates information, communications, forms, processes and actions between the medical provider, employer, claims adjustor, injured caregiver and leave program in compliance with state law and policies. Analyzes data, creates reports and presents claim and caregiver injury data within their network in various forms (tier huddles, meetings, etc.). Responsible for identifying and developing temporary assignments, either modified or alternative duties, for return-to-work; and ensures provider and employee participation through ongoing education, communication and application of established protocols. Monitors program for compliance with policy, laws and program goals and make recommendations for changes based on review of the program.
1. Coordinates the electronic reporting system within their network in determining caregiver injuries. Works closely with caregiver and third party administrator to verify that the First Report of Injury is completed and claim established.
2. Administers day-to-day electronic injury reporting system including review of injury types for trends and/or notification to appropriate subject matter experts as needed. Distributes injury report(s) to the appropriate departments for investigation and follow up. Provides instruction and training to managers and caregivers on use of the injury reporting system and investigation documentation in compliance with OSHA. Reviews all incident investigations to make sure OSHA requirements are met and documented on the OSHA log. Monitors for completion of incident investigations to perform final sign off.
3. Coordinates return-to-work processes by collaborating with department managers, HR business partners, injured caregivers, adjusters, attorneys/legal counsel, investigators, vocational providers, LOA Coordinators and other team members. Engages in the interactive process with HR and other relevant parties. Provides proper documents and notices. Maintains and utilizes Job Analysis (JA) Bank containing Job of Injury and Return-to-Work Job Analyses. Maintains time-off/loss-of-earning records; and ensures adjusters receive information to establish benefit rates. Ensures PeaceHealth’s database is completed and verifies all lost time and modified work days are tracked correctly for OSHA purposes.
4. Communicates with medical providers and supervisors to locate areas of need and availability of temporary assignment, either in modified or alternative duty positions.Clarifies and documents essential functions of the job, identifies barriers, interfaces with injured caregivers, supervisors and providers, and proposes solutions to return caregiver to work.
5. Provides quality control of claim system, and maintains appropriate logs and files for completion/compliance with OSHA recordkeeping and incident investigation requirements. Researches, compiles and summarizes information regarding incidents and expenses. Assists in preparation of ongoing reports as required by state, carrier(s), and established departmental procedures.
6. Identifies, coordinates and completes documents to submit to regulatory agency, insurance carrier(s), third-party administrator for claims purposes and other financial/loss control incentives. Analyzes data and associated material, creates reports and presents information within the organization.
7. Maintains confidential caregiver claim records, summaries and written reports. Serves as a liaison for the TPA/Insurer to answer questions and provide information to injured workers and supervisors related to claim processing, wages, medical bills, and status of claims. Assists and advocates for caregiver with concerns or issues surrounding the claims process.
8. Works closely with relevant internal counterpart team(s) and active members of all Safety, Workplace Violence Prevention and Safe Patient Handling Committees to present injury data and trends. Identifies and works to implement program recommendations, enhancements, strategies and identify and report injury tactics to reduce frequency of on-the-job injuries, reduce the severity/costs of injuries and enhance accident prevention program. Communicates issues to appropriate parties for resolution.
9. Analyzes injury/incident data trends and meets with departments to discuss recommendations for process improvement. Develops and implements strategies to reduce caregiver injuries.
10. Provides instructions and training to caregivers, and supervisors on policies and laws governing workers’ compensation claims reporting and managing occupational injuries, employer return-to-work program, lost time/leave reporting and accommodating individuals with disabilities.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
·A Bachelor’s degree (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work).
·Minimum of two years’ experience with return-to-work programs and/or workers’ compensation.
·Advanced skills in MS Office preferred.
·Working knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies regarding Safety, Workers’ Compensation, ADA accommodations, and interrelated areas, such as Family Medical Leave.
·Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
·Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to: Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.