PeaceHealth is seeking a House Supervisor - Nursing Administration for a Part Time, 0.75 FTE, Night position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Makes administrative decisions, provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and/or hospital administration.
- Provide leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer. Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to codes.
- Direct and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervene in patient placement issues.
- Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
- Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies, coroner, etc. when indicated.
- Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and notification of receiving facility.
- Interpret organizational policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing departments as necessary.
- Provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors, while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not violated.
- Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
- Responsible for the coordination & delegation of the guesthouse, disbursement of the indigent fund, & organ donation requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years related clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.