PeaceHealth is seeking a Athletic Trainer for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for an Athletic Trainer.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist Medical Assistants with phone calls, voicemails, paperwork, scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- Complete chart notes, editing and order entry.
- Apply casting and splinting.
- May have surgical/procedural duties (for qualified candidates).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training preferred or related area if Bachelors’ degree is in Athletic Training.
- Completion of a post-professional orthopedic athletic training residency program preferred.
Minimum of one year of experience in a medical office providing clinical care as Medical Assistant, Certified Orthopedic Technologist or Certified Athletic Trainer; orthopedics preferred.
- Athletic Trainer (ATC) certification (National Athletic Trainer Association).
- Orthopedic Technologist Certification (OTC) certification preferred
- Strong ability to triage, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.