PeaceHealth is seeking a Staffing Coordinator - PFS Admitting for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all functions of scheduling and staffing. In some communities, may also be responsible for attendance data reconciliation and transfer center functions. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Details of the position:
- Prepare and maintain program and/or unit/department schedules including inputting schedules into the staffing/scheduling system.
- Assure all changes to schedule are in accordance with organizational policies and alert manager when out of compliance. Promote adherence to bargaining unit agreements in scheduling and staffing practices if applicable.
- Function as a resource to appropriate management team for efficient use of staffing/scheduling system.
- Communicate effectively with staff, supervisors and managers. Communicate issues to leadership as necessary.
- May coordinate education schedules as requested.
- May complete payroll as assigned and assure accurate payroll function for caregivers.
- If responsible for attendance data reconciliation, verifies accuracy of timesheets with schedules and reconciles all attendance data.
- May participate in analyzing and interpreting data to ensure optimal staffing in the unit/department.
- Work closely with managers to provide productivity and statistical reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates patient transfers into PeaceHealth facilities.
- Coordinates bed management and patient flow.
- Manages expired patients.
What you bring:
- Relevant college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in hospital staffing, scheduling, and/or time and attendance recording preferred.
- Customer service experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications and other applicable software
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with multiple interruptions and successful follow through
- Skill in problem solving and organizing and disseminating information
- Strong customer service/caregiver relations skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sitting, head/neck in a static position with rotation and flexion are essential. Static position and able to rotate in chair.
- Simple grasp, fine manipulation, pinch, operate hand controls, and finger dexterity are also essential.
- Lifting requirement 3-7 lbs.
- Constant noise from telephone and voices.
- Speaking, hearing, near vision, depth perception, and touch are an essential and content function.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.