PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN - Employee Health for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN Employee Health establishes standards of practice in occupational health and works with the Manager, Employee Health to ensure responsible management of employee health concerns.
- Conducts post-offer immunization screenings, evaluates accident and illness incident reports, and assesses needs for education and immunizations according to specific job classifications and under the supervision of an RN.
- Investigates and manages exposures to blood borne pathogens as well as other exposures to contagious diseases utilizing, comprehensive case management approach.
- Maintains programs and services as required to remain in compliance with OSHA and DNV standards and mandates.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities
- Performs infectious disease prevention, surveillance and post exposure treatment and follow up.
- Conducts new hire medical screening; TB screening; immunization of healthcare workers against specific illnesses under the supervision of an RN.
- Maintains confidential healthcare worker medical files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program.
- Current LPN licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Minimum of three years of nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles to meet each patient’s needs.
- Knowledge and interest in OSHA regulations, occupational safety, occupational exposure management, injury/illness intervention and case management
- Ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards.
SWMC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.