PeaceHealth is seeking a Development Officer for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for growing and maintaining a comprehensive major gifts/planned giving program focused on attracting gifts in excess of $25,000 (or the defined major gift threshold). Builds strong relationships with major/planned giving donors and prospects and actively develops a major/planned giving pipeline of larger gifts and increased revenue.
- Researches and manages a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
- Develops written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans, utilizing a moves management approach to engage prospects and donors.
- Engages in face-to-face contacts with identified, qualified potential and existing major gift donors. Provides documentation of activities as part of a management program recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Engages board members, physicians, leadership and volunteers in the education, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of major gift prospects/donors.
- Provides leadership and support to fundraising committees and physicians to assist in prospect identification and cultivation, training, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of $25,000 (or the defined major gift threshold) and above.
- Continues to build a portfolio of qualified prospects.
- Yields major gifts solicitations and contributions to successfully meet annual pre-determined organizational fundraising goals.
- Develops plans and manages processes to provide exceptional donor recognition and stewardship for major gift donors.
- Attends events that relate to major gift prospects and donors.
- Provides after hour coverage to benefactors on a rotational basis.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, business administration, communication, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects/donors, preferably in a healthcare, academic medicine or higher education environment
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers in the development process
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to secure significant individual gifts with outstanding follow-through and stewardship of donors' investments
- Ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding and ability to explain basic planned giving vehicles and opportunities
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.