PeaceHealth is seeking a EPIC Nursing Educator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $41.2 - $61.8; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Delivers initial and ongoing CareConnect training to bedside nursing caregivers; both in-person and using remote instructor-led training methodology. Uses best-practice adult learning principles to support quality delivery to include standards of nursing care, documentation and practice. Assists instructional designers with the development and testing of curriculum. Provides in-person and remote support to resolve questions and training related requests. Participates in system-wide initiatives that impact CareConnect workflows and supports changes after implementation. Rounds in facilities to evaluate documentation practices and patient outcomes, provide just in time feedback and mentoring or deliver information. Works with the leadership team to identify documentation concerns and improvement strategies for individual nurses and for the system.
- Delivers role-based training curriculum for nursing caregivers, in support of nursing scope and standard of practice, system and department policies, procedures and practices. Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into training delivery.
- Reinforces the use of evidence based and best practices in documentation which includes how the documentation supports professional nursing practice and strategic PeaceHealth Initiatives.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation.
- Collaborates with nursing excellence, professional practice, nursing informatics and clinical education to deliver nursing specific training related to nursing practice, quality and safety.
- Assesses learner satisfaction and evaluates training effectiveness and application in practice setting. Assists instructional designer with creation or revision of training materials at least annually and when requested.
- Performs rounding for designated populations and assists in the resolution of issues identified by leadership, through the issue tracking system or through the ticketing system (Cherwell).
- Builds and maintains relationships with caregivers and leadership in the networks they support
- Uses CareConnect reports and other sources of data to identify trends in documentation. Creates and implements plans and countermeasures to correct any issues identified in the data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Additional training and certifications in adult learning or education preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a training or education role, healthcare-related lead, Informatics, super user or preceptor role required.
- Proficient in Epic or similar electronic medical programs preferred
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- Epic Credential training certification is required; must meet required credentialing criteria within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with adult learning principles, training delivery and classroom management
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience with remote instructor led training and/or virtual learning modalities
- In depth knowledge of Nursing professional practice and state practice standards
- Ability to travel throughout the networks up to 25% of the time
- Be willing to flex schedule as required to ensure required training timelines are met
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.