PeaceHealth is seeking a RN First Assistant - OB GYN for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assists the surgeon with specific intraoperative procedures that are beyond the scope of practice for registered nurses without RNFA education and training. May provide direct care to patients using the nursing process preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively. Intraoperatively, the RNFA functions interdependently with the surgeon and applies knowledge, skill, and judgment necessary to assist the surgeon in performing a safe operation that yields optimal results for the patient.
- Collaborates with other health team members to develop, coordinate and implement a perioperative plan of care unique to individual patient needs.
- Maintains dignity of the patient while assuming the responsibility of patient advocate.
- Skillfully applies principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Has excellent knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative technique specific to operative procedures to work in collaboration with the surgeon.
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate preventative and/or corrective actions to ensure a safe environment for the patient and surgical team throughout the perioperative experience.
- Preparation and administration of medications perioperatively, as directed by the surgeon and anesthesiologist.
- Provides exposure through appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suctioning and sponging techniques.
- Evaluates the outcomes of nursing care and ensures continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a recognized RNFA program.
- Participates in continuing education programs to maintain and enhance clinical competencies related to both perioperative nursing and RNFA practice.
- Licensed as a Washington State Assistant Registered Nurse.
- CNOR, AORN and/or RNFA are strongly preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS certification required at date of hire.
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- ACLS is required within 6 months of hire.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enhance team functioning in the operating room.
- Maintains professional manner at all times, demonstrating flexibility, sound judgment and adaptability in decision-making, problem solving and team building to function as an effective team member.
- Has demonstrated leadership skills that enhance team functioning in an emergency situation.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids or sharp items.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.