PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Surgical Pre-op for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- A comprehensive, employee focused benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has helped position PeaceHealth as the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- Hourly compensation that starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, degree, and relevant certifications.
- Substantial shift differentials.
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital on the Magnet journey. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a central location where you can take advantage of city amenities or the lush landscape, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities. An ideal location for foodies and outdoor enthusiasts alike, and just a short drive to numerous charming coastal towns along the Pacific Ocean.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum 2 years acute care nursing experience (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- 3 years acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Perioperative nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stability (PEARS) within 1 year of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% o
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.