PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Program Coordinator - STEMI for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $46.81 but increases with experience. Generous differentials, as well.
**$5000 Sign-On Bonus**Relocation Assistance Available**
Our hospital is located Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
The STEMI Program Coordinator is a Registered Nurse responsible for the organization, development, planning, management, and evaluation of the STEMI Program. The primary goal of this individual is to maintain and enhance the quality of care delivered to STEMI patients, in conjunction with the Cath Lab Medical Director. Provides supervision and is responsible for the overall coordination and functioning of the Cardiovascular Department Quality Assurance and M&M program
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Five years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, with at least three years’ experience in critical care.
- Current WA RN license required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS & ACLS required by date of hire.
- 12 lead EKG interpretation required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Relocation package for candidates moving to the area.
- Starting wage of $46.81 an hour (more depending on experience).
- Great shift differentials.
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Coordination and effectiveness of the multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement Program for the STEMI Program.
- Plans and establishes goals and objectives for the STEMI patient, in conjunction with the Cath Lab Medical Director, CV Service Line Director, and Administration.
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the overall coordination and functioning of the STEMI Program; serves as a resource to the health care team members involved in the care of the STEMI patient.
- Functions as a resource person for the health system and for referring facilities regarding STEMI care.
- Demonstrates effective, concise, and appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication and promotes a team approach to STEMI care.
- Facilitates communication between Administration, staff, and members of the interdisciplinary health care team in order to enhance collaboration and problem solving.
- Assists in developing STEMI standards of care, policies, and procedures that promote an organized, efficient, professional STEMI Program.
- Monitors STEMI Program compliance with State and National regulations and guidelines.
- Coordinates and prepares the hospital and co-workers for on-site STEMI Program designation, if applicable.
- Analyzes STEMI data, provides periodic reports, and presents these reports to designated committees as requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards for STEMI care, including legislation and regulations that impact STEMI care.
- Serves as liaison between other health care centers and agencies to plan and maintain a regional/statewide STEMI system by actively participating in the development of STEMI care policies at the State and Regional level.
- Participates in hospital committees related to STEMI and cardiovascular care.
- Acts as a liaison between the Cardiovascular Service Line and those other areas that routinely provide care to STEMI patients. (EMS, ER, CVAD, ICU’s, Telemetry monitored floors, Cardiac Rehab)
- Assumes personal responsibility for continuing professional growth and development in nursing and specialty area.
- Coordinates and attends STEMI education presentations for those caring for STEMI patients internal and for referring facilities as needs and opportunities are identified but at least annually.
- Responsible for all documentation to demonstrate discussion and loop closure of all STEMI cases presented monthly at the STEMI Process Improvement/Patient Safety meetings.
- Acts as Clinical Educator for CVAD, and CVO staff.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time, ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less, work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste, reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more, and job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.