PeaceHealth is seeking a Ultrasound Sonographer for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.43, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required. May schedule and coordinate tests and prepare and maintain operational logs.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
- Prepares, supplies and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and licensure/registration/certification.
- Graduate of a 2-4 year accredited ultrasound program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in ultrasound technology preferred.
- Minimum of one year of diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility preferred.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a “rolling triennium” basis.
- Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire.
- Current certification/registration/licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.