PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy 340b Prog Systems Analyst for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Along with the Manager and Director, 340B program, responsible for development and maintenance of 340B operational and information systems across the health system.Provides support for system leadership decision makers through provision of 340B business and operational analytics.Strives to ensure compliance with HRSA and Internal Audit guidance by creating and monitoring data necessary to ensure system performance.Supports the growth and development of the contract pharmacy program by serving as a resource for contract pharmacy partners, facilitating their ability to understand and improve 340B operational efficiency at their sites.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and proactive monitoring of 340B operational information systems. Works with other informatics teams to optimize system integration with 340B system.
- Performs build, maintenance, and monitoring of 340B pharmacy systems, including but not limited to: crosswalk build and management of maintenance, ensures pharmacy settings are correct for all sites including: consistency of settings between vendor and HRSA directory, proactively monitors order settings to prevent supply chain failures, maintains up to date contact and role information with vendor, uploads data as required to vendor system.
- Performs assessment/testing of new functionalities and/or software releases.
- Performs root cause investigation for 340B system issues, working with vendor and hospital users as appropriate to identify issues, resolutions, and timeframe, communicating same to user community.
- Works with Revenue Cycle department to ensure that all Medicaid claims are submitted in a manner to prevent 340B duplicate drug discounts
- Acts as a liaison between wholesaler, 340B vendor, pharmacy purchasing team, and 340B Director as needed to ensure compliant purchases of 340B, GPO, and WAC priced pharmaceuticals.
- Assists pharmacy staff with downstream processes and data entry related to purchases which are not automatically debited in the 340B vendor system including direct and schedule II controlled substances.
- Retrieves, aggregates, analyzes, and interprets data from information systems to improve 340B operations efficiency and compliance, notifying key users as appropriate to correct operations. Works closely with Health System Audit / Compliance staff to operationalize monitoring systems for risk areas identified in internal audits of the 340B program
- Create and distribute “scorecards” in key areas to member hospitals and system leadership, focusing on key areas of compliance and financial performance.
- Supports Health System Leadership through the provision of 340B business and operational analytics. Work with 340B vendor to create routine and custom reports necessary to monitor system performance, compliance, and opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience with pharmacy information systems or 340B compliance / operations work is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience with implementation and/or maintenance support of a hospital pharmacy/patient care computer system, or 340B compliance and operations experience required.
- Experience with 340B vendor, excellent knowledge of 340B compliance rules, or combination of both. Demonstrated ability to manage data sets using Excel and Access is preferred.
- Advanced training in Information Systems or 340B operations and compliance
- Willow Certification is preferred
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with others to meet team goals.
- Ability to read and apply regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Computer skills to include data entry. Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy practices and inventory control of pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacy math and 340B software preferred.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.