PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant in Anesthesia Pre-op for a Part Time (24 hours per week) Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.84, more depending on experience.
***** $3500.00 Sign on BONUS ***** $3500.00 Sign on BONUS ***** $3500.00 Sign on BONUS *****
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- May provide phone screening of patient to obtain general admission history, medication reconciliation, and schedule appointment for clinic visit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
- Must have current Medical Assistant National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
- Minimum of two years post certification experience in a medical office and/or a minimum of two years’ experience in surgical offices required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).Requires the use of an N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.