PeaceHealth is seeking a Financial Analyst for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position can be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access. Caregiver must reside in OR, WA, or AK.
Collects, analyzes and prepares financial data, analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems, regulatory submissions, fiscal presentations for budget and reimbursement, and financial feasibility studies. Provides analytical services. Responsible for understanding the customer needs and translating them into analysis required, turning data into information.
- Advise internal or external customers, as applicable, concerning financial implications of existing and proposed activities, resource allocation, setting and maintaining performance standards, pricing and contract negotiations, and financial implications of contemplated strategies and operating decisions, including assistance with business plans.
- Provide regular financial reports and analysis to internal or external customers, as applicable, and assist those customers in understanding the reports and effectively utilizing them.
- Develop and maintain business partner relationships including a detailed understanding of the business units/programs being served as applicable.
- Provide ongoing financial and variation analysis that will assist management in enhancing operations.
- Perform data validation and process verification to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of reported information.
- Assists internal or external customers, as applicable, with their annual budget process, assuring coordination with region-wide planning processes. Assists with cost accounting process, planning process, assuring coordination with region wide planning processes.
- Provides information that informs decision makers about the impact of payor contracts and governmental reimbursement systems.
- Prepares special studies which analyze a specific part of the operations as directed.
- Prepares and presents financial information to management as requested. Provides financial education as needed or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- MBA is desirable.
- Three years experience in an accounting or financial analyst role is required, in a healthcare organization is desirable.
- Familiarity with accounting systems required.
- Ability to act in a consulting capacity
- Ability to formulate and operationalize new concepts and ideas for improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames
- Detailed oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct analysis, apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient level of technical expertise various software applications and tools, i.e. Microsoft Suite, Internet browsers, and databases
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Additional responsibilities if assigned to Finance Departments:
- Acts as a liaison between Finance and operations.
- Keep updated on standards to assure compliance with orders or directives concerning regulatory agencies.
Revenue Cycle positions:
- Interprets results of billing data to explain accounts receivable (AR) outcomes. Defines clinical and operational impacts and translates operational impacts into financial components.
- Revenue cycle experience strongly preferred
SYSTEM PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.