PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Provider Compensation for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Manages the coordination of the activities of Provider Compensation with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Responsible for developing, organizing and implementing the resources needed to manage and administer the uniform compensation program, contracting, licensing and continuing education program for employed PHMG PeaceHealth physicians and allied health providers. Performs on-going development, enhancement and maintenance of the information infrastructure and reporting environment to support the changing business needs of PHMG through the management of data and information.
- Provides leadership, perspective and recommendations in the area of developing and administering innovative, market-competitive physician and APC compensation methodologies aligned with the strategic plan of the organization.
- Supervises staff to ensure the integrity of compensation related data and managing the timely and accurate processing, auditing and analysis of provider compensation, working closely with all levels of leadership
- Designs, prepares, and distributes reports to leadership and stakeholders for communication and reporting on compensation, productivity, benchmark comparisons, FTE status, leadership compensation as well as retirement and other benefits.
- Utilizes analytical, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage with providers and provider groups to review, develop, and implement compensation plans.
- Ensures the accurate capture and reporting of all source data utilized in determining physician compensation allocations, including the preparation of quarterly overheads, Relative Value Units (RVUs) monthly productivity reports, and payroll reports needed for input into the model; ensures information is accurately recorded in financial reporting.
- Performs contract negotiation and management: develops and maintains provider contract templates and contract administration. Partners closely with PH and PHMG leaders, Legal, Compliance, Finance and HR to assure timely completion and renewals of provider contracts.
- Develops physician compensation models that support physician initiatives and controlling costs, while enhancing physician performance and rewards associated with performance. Makes recommendations regarding physician compensation issues based on knowledge of Stark, federal and state anti-kickback statutes, applicable IRS regulations and Intermediate Sanctions, and other regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains departmental budget; assesses financial performance as it relates to provider compensation; oversees operational analytics to ensure accurate reporting and alignment between practice revenues, quality, expenses, and compensation.
- Provides leadership, perspective and recommendations in the area of developing and administering continuing medical education (CME).
- Manages the provider licensing process and documentation collection for newly hired physicians, psychiatrists, licensed therapists, and nurses including but not limited to NPDB, DEA, board certifications, etc. Ensures license expirables and license renewals are completed timely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required; or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job
- MBA, or similar graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of healthcare financial analysis required.
- Minimum of two years leadership experience required.
- Experience managing provider compensation programs is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Access required.
- Problem solving and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff including physicians and allied health providers.
- Strong face-to-face, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables required.
- Ability to manipulate data and other information management tools for analysis and reporting purposes required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making required.
SSC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.