PeaceHealth is seeking a Communications Specialist.
*Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** This is a hybrid remote/onsite position. Must live within commuting distance of Bellingham, WA.
Responsible for developing communication plans and messages for a variety of internal and external audiences. Facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of communication channels and vehicles. Ensures the delivery of strategic, timely and cost-efficient communications messages, events and materials. Responsibilities include application of communication, public relations and marketing principles, efficient project management, quality execution, internal and external content creation, excellent interdepartmental communications, and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines with a variety of stakeholders and teams.
- Plans, develops and supports internal and external communications and marketing strategies.
- Communicates with internal customers, department caregivers and contractors to coordinate the planning, development, production and evaluation of targeted communications plans, materials, campaigns, electronic media and media relations.
- Works collaboratively with communications caregivers and internal customers. Supports the development and implementation of effective internal communications throughout PeaceHealth. Monitors effectiveness of communications; makes adjustments as needed, coordinates use of distribution lists, and coordinates message distribution. Assures that internal communications and messages are well integrated into overarching communications plans.
- Suggests and prepares news releases, story ideas and pitches; fact sheets; op-eds, and other materials to assure that PeaceHealth messages are consistently presented in earned and social media. Develops positive relationships with key reporters. Responds to inquiries. Supports Networks’ local media relations needs with systemwide implications.
- Creates communications plans for significant announcements or developments to include goals of communication, key audiences/stakeholders, messages, timing, approvals needed and other essential elements. Implement the plan as indicated.
- Supports significant special projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience required in a public relations or marketing communications setting.
- Experience pitching news stories or working with members of the media preferred.
- Experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Proficient presentation skills or a willingness to develop in this area.
- Strong writing and project management skills are essential.
- Experienced with web communications and social media.
- Familiarity with media monitoring software applications (e.g. Cision).
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Adobe InDesign, preferred. preferred.
- Moderate proficiency in still and video photography .
- Familiarity with, and willingness to learn, video and image editing software.
- Crisis communications experience preferred.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.