PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Content and Editing.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** The Manager will live in Oregon or Washington
Responsible for managing integrated efforts for content development, content strategy and content marketing that achieve increasing visibility, encouraging engagement and supporting growth and loyalty from patients, consumers, and referring providers. Crafts work to achieve overarching system and network business objectives. Develops content strategies and guidelines for digital consumer marketing and engagement initiatives; serves as the frontline system content marketing strategist for information, advice and leadership on content as an important business asset.
- Content goals, measurement, reporting and optimization. Works with business and/or user experience goals for the organization or division to establish measurable goals within all content strategy and content marketing plan efforts. Tracks the results of content strategy and marketing and consumer engagement efforts in coordination with other system functions (Clinicians, Digital Strategy, Social Media team, etc.). Prepares and shares results as directed and/or as required for ongoing optimization efforts. Works with analysts to make data-driven decisions about how to continually optimize content strategy and content marketing in support of user experience and business goals.
- Content strategy planning and implementation. Leads the planning and implementation efforts for content strategy and marketing. With input from system, network and service line leadership, develops strategic content strategy plans to achieve user experience and business goals. Collaborates to implement plans across appropriate channels.
- Content governance. Creates and oversees the structure for effective content creation, review and publishing. This includes development of appropriate roles, permissions and approval processes. Supplements brand and communications style guidelines with marketing and web content guidelines to be followed across the marketing ecosystem.
- Content creation and review. Contributes to PeaceHealth telling its stories more effectively by supporting PeaceHealth’s brand image in all content marketing efforts. Writes high-quality content with a focus on health literacy and readability. Manages the day-to-day copy and content editing of materials across many mediums including web, email, campaign content, paid search ads, local listings and others. Develops original content with collaborations that, depending on the content, will extend across the marcom division, include subject matter experts, as well as content creation vendors and/or team members.
- Content team management. Manages other content contributors responsible for implementing content marketing and engagement efforts. These may include web content, including website content builds, campaign content creation, blog and article creation and other content creation efforts.
- Content budgeting. As requested, develops and executes against content marketing budgets to ensure that marketing initiatives fall within the parameters of initiative budgets.
- Content strategy and marketing trend analysis. Tracks content strategy and content marketing trends; shares usage and trend analyses with internal team and clients as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent education and/or experience is required.
- Master’s degree in journalism, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of writing/content strategy and marketing experience is required.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Experience in a health care environment is preferred
- Solid understanding of content strategy and content marketing applications
- Proficient with computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional writing and editing skills to communicate to internal and external customers and assist with editing as needed
- Proven ability to synthesize multi-source data into actionable information
- Excellent communication skills including writing and presenting using computer based applications
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in an effective manner
- Ability to deal with complex organizational environments; high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- High level of project management and organizational skills
- Ability to establish credibility and forge lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to garner support and engagement within stakeholder groups, both internal and external
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.