PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced RN for a full-time position in the Emergency department at St. John Medical Center. **$10,000 Sign-On Bonus** This is a .9 FTE working three 12-hour night shifts each week in our busy 37 bed Emergency department. Requires a minimum of 1 year of Emergency or Critical Care RN experience.
We offer you:
- Relocation Assistance & $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package
- A busy high acuity Emergency with level III trauma center
- A mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey.
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred
- At least two years recent Emergency experience, other experience may be considered. Some positions may be for a training program and the following criteria will apply: Experienced RN or New Grad. Experienced RN new to specialty requires 1-year RN work experience and will be required to participate in the Nurse Fellowship ED program. RN with less than 1-year experience must have applied and been selected for the Nurse Residency Program.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- Washington State RN License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) at date of hire
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.