PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Critical Access - Operating Room for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position for Peace Island Medical Center in Friday Harbor, WA.
Hourly compensation is $39.12 - $74.63 hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- May coordinate admissions, discharges, and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion, and assures confidentiality at all times.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and leadership in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
- Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
- May perform limited x-ray examinations, point of care testing and other procedures as determined and will apply, appropriate infection control and radiation safety.
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating room circulating experience in an acute care setting required or successful completion of a Periop 101 course within 6 months. Scrub experience preferred.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy.
- Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 33-66% of the time. Including standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires exposure to hazardous waste and/or chemicals including chemotherapy drugs. Work may require ability to manage violent or controllable persons
- Work is performed in high stress situations and may require use of PPE such as respirator, mask, gloves, gown, and mask. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail 34-65% of work time.
- Work may require rotating shifts and being on call for emergent staffing needs.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
- PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.