PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Labor & Delivery RN for a Full Time role at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a .9 FTE position working three 12-hour Night shifts each week in our 32 LDRP Family Birth Center. From waterbirth to high-risk services, we offer the complete spectrum for birth, while you work in a team that cares like family!
- Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending upon experience, plus additional pay for advanced degree and specialty certification
- A Family Birth Center that has been named to the Elite List of the Best Maternity Hospitals in the US by Newsweek
- Comprehensive benefits package and hourly compensation starting at $42.59, more depending on experience, advanced education and certifications
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
- Non-Profit mission-drive healthcare system
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year labor and delivery nursing experience within last 2 years or completed a labor and delivery intern program for labor and delivery area.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Must have completed a formal fetal monitoring program, or must complete within orientation period.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 60 days of hire
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) preferred.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC) preferred.
- International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.