PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiology Technologist Student for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the direction of a Radiological Technologist, performs radiology procedures using judgment to select proper exposure, positioning, and meet patient care needs. Uses a variety of fixed and mobile radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment in various locations including surgery, nursing units, Emergency Department, satellite operations and main radiology department.
- Operates equipment and devices utilizing standard procedures, monitors device performance and ensure functionality.
- Practices aseptic technique as necessary, assists with contrast media, assists the physician with imaging procedures, initiates life support measures for patients if necessary, maintains all appropriate and required patient records, and procedure documentation.
- Transfers patients as necessary
- Processes images by either automatic film process or digital radiography laser equipment as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in the last year of an accredited 2-4 year Radiologic Technology Program and be in good standing.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to assess patient’s condition and exercise independent judgment to implement life-sustaining action
- Ability to position patients including proper beam-part-film alignment with respect to the source of radiation, selected imaging modality and area to be examined.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.