PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinic Leadership Educator - Ambulatory Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates and delivers education for the outpatient clinic supervisor and manager roles, based on defined compliance requirements, caregiver knowledge gaps, supporting quality improvement, workflows and processes.
Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process.
Assesses leadership knowledge, skill and satisfaction. Works with the leadership team to evaluate impact and identify strategies for improvement.
- Primary contact for education needs for the outpatient operations leaders (focused on Clinic Supervisor and Clinic Manager roles).
- Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations and trainings.
- Creates role specific onboarding training and education pathways consisting of competency development and validation, professional development and support tools
- Develops education plans to ensure the applicable disciplines across the service line achieve competency in strategic domains such as; financial and quality metrics, patient care, operation performance and service excellence.
- Creates measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current training program
- Defines education plans ensuring effective utilization of the on-line learning system courses and materials for both program specific mandatory education and on-going caregiver learning.
- Updates and maintains appropriate educational materials, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities and provides discipline specific training solutions. Working with clinic leaders, mentors caregivers to improve knowledge skill and abilities. Create and offer professional development opportunities.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation.
- Documents attendance and/or validates proficiency and competency towards educational goals and objectives in learning management system as appropriate.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Additional training and certifications in adult learning or education preferred.
- Clinic and/or clinical operations experience required.
- Two years training experience, in healthcare, or secondary academia preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- Experience with adult learning principles, training delivery and classroom management
- Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34-66% of the time.
- Ability to lift object weighing 10 lbs or less
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.